Sunday, January 23, 2011

Got It!

"People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood."
~ Søren Kierkegaard

. . . came across this quote yesterday, and . . . man, I'm relieved.  So, I wasn't expected to understand The Concept of Anxiety (also known by its more upbeat title, The Concept of Dread) in Philosophy 101.

It's said that Kirkegaard suffered from feelings of dread and sadness. A flamenco version of an Animals oldie would cheer him up.  In our house, we like to dance the flamenco after pondering Danish existential theory.  (This song title provides a nice MEBE partial, in a pinch.  Maybe.)  Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood . . . 

Olé, Søren K!


3 comments:

KarmaSartre said...

LL --

Here is another somewhat-of-a-surprise version. I think his only cover other than Sam Cooke's "Another Saturday Night".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOJmBI-ZgN4

-- MAYBE MEBE KS

Joanne said...

Kierkegaard should have been afraid. Very afraid. Because aside from this quote, I have never really understood much of what he has said. :P

La Liz said...

K-S, I'm new to this version -- it's almost like a ballad. Thanks, I always liked his soft voice. Lovely.

Joanne, you're one of the smartest people I know. If that's your reaction to Soren K., then I don't feel so darned inadequate. Thank you! :)