Thursday, February 17, 2011

Final Jeopardy -- Fantasy Round

Congratulations to Watson on winning the Jeopardy! IBM Challenge.  I liked Watson's voice, wagering skills and the occasional charming/wacky answer. Truly impressive.

When Alex Trebek announced "19th Century Novelists" as the Final Jeopardy category, I thought I knew what was up.  Shucks, I was wrong.

I thought the Final Jeopardy! finale, with Watson revealing the last response of the challenge, would end with a lightning bolt:

Final Jeopardy! Category:  19th Century Novels

Percy Bysshe Shelley wrote the preface for this 1818 novel, published anonymously by a 21-year-old author

(Highlight below for answer)

What is "Frankenstein?"



1 comment:

Joanne said...

I have a feeling that I would have thought that answer was TOO obvious. huh. Well at least it kept everyone on their toes!