Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I came. I saw. I crowdsourced?

I used CROWDSOURCE in a puzzle lately.  What is it?

Wikipedia describes CROWDSOURCING thusly:

Crowdsourcing is the act of outsourcing tasks, traditionally performed by an employee or contractor, to an undefined, large group of people or community (a "crowd"), through an open call.

When this "coming soon" Pottermore promo appeared in an email this morning, I was struck J.K. Rowling's newest venture.  It's lovely.  I have no stake in Rowling's empire -- just a high admiration for writing books that children and adults want to read.

Check out the animated origami in this promo . . . the books literally come to life.  Beautiful and totally enthralling.

(Did I just crowdsource?)


2 comments:

Joanne said...

I've never heard of crowdsourcing before but my goal is to use it in a sentence today. I love Rowling's books and I'm definitely excited for Pottermore!

Crowd Sourcing said...

Hi LIZ,

I have gone through from your post it is nice blog. You have defined the Crowdsourcing is the act of outsourcing tasks, traditionally performed by an employee or contractor, to an undefined, large group of people or community (a "crowd"), through an open call. You can also share your ideas on Crowdsourced